Why choose Specialised Spectacle Lenses?
Short Sightedness (Myopia) can lead to increased likelihood of of eye problems in the future. Specialised Spectacle Lenses, also known as MiYOSMART lenses, are glasses lenses which have been clinically proven to significantly slow the progression of Myopia in most children who wear them.
MiYOSMART lenses have been shown to slow down myopia progression by 60% on average, and to halt myopia progression by 21.5% according to clinical studies. The lenses also provide protection from Ultraviolet light. These lenses are suitable for most children with astigmatism.
MiYOSMART lenses look like normal spectacle lenses, and can be used like them too. Just put your glasses on and you’re ready to go!
What will my vision be like with MiYOSMART?
MiYOSMART lenses correct your distance vision, so you will see just as well as you would with normal glasses. MiYOSMART are impact-resistant and cut out ultraviolet light to protect the eyes from the sun.
How much do MiYOSMART cost?
You must join our Iris Membership scheme to get MiYOSMART lenses from us. The membership is £30 per month for a minimum eighteen-month contract.
Included in the Iris Membership plan is: eye exams every six months with our Optometrist, glasses checks with our Dispensing Opticians, one pair of MiYOSMART lenses per year, 25% discount on frames, 50% off replacement lenses if your original lenses get scratched, and free replacement of the MiYOSMART lenses if the prescription changes by -0.75 dioptres or more within a year. The full Iris benefits can be found here.
What is the process for getting MiYOSMART?
- You will attend Osmond Drake Opticians for an Eye Exam. If the prescription is suitable, your Optometrist will recommend MiYOSMART.
- If you decide to use MiYOSMART lenses, you will attend an appointment with a Dispensing Optician to choose your frames and have the glasses measurements taken. Your Dispensing Optician will answer any questions you may have, and you will join our Iris Membership scheme at this time.
- Your next appointment will be roughly one week later, where you will have your spectacles with MiYOSMART lenses fitted by your Dispensing Optician. You will be given a questionnaire to fill in after you’ve worn the lenses for ten days.
- A followup appointment will be arranged for approximately two weeks after you collect your glasses. We will do a spectacle fitting and discuss how you are getting on with your new glasses and we will collect your completed questionnaire.
- Following this, you will have a review every three months with our Dispensing Optician.
What are the results of MiYOSMART in the long term?
As this is very new technology, there is almost no evidence for the long-term results of Myopia management, including whether or not Myopia will start getting worse again after the treatment has stopped. Further research is currently being undertaken to investigate this.
Myopia Management does not cure Myopia. The aim is to slow Myopia or even stop its progression.
Please contact us by phone (02920709526), email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or in person if you have any questions and we will be happy to answer them.